Special occasion goats cheese quiche


You can not go wrong with puff pastry and cheese!

Yesterday was the 20th anniversary of the Berlin wall coming down. I had many plans, great plans. But it was rainy, dark and cold, and instead of doing all the memorable things I planned, I ended up inviting a few friends to watch the whole event on telly.

With only three hours to clean up the apartment and myself, I decided to make the food as easy as I could. I baked a few of my favourite chocolate cookies with cookie dough I had left over from last week and I made a super-fast quiche.

A quick goat cheese quiche

200g puff-pastry, to line the cake tin with
6 organic tomatoes, sliced
100ml sun dried tomatoes, chopped
200g goat cheese
200ml creme fraiche
2 organic eggs
2 tsp dried herbs, like basil and oregano
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper to taste

Take the puff-pastry from the freezer beforehand to let it melt. Turn the oven to 200°C. Slice the tomatoes and goat cheese, chop the sun dried tomatoes. Use a springform cake tin – if you don’t have one, use a regular round cake tin and line it with non-stick baking paper. Pat out the puff-pastry on the bottom and the sides of the tin. Arrange the sliced tomato and cheese in alternating rows. Sprinkle the sun dried tomatoes in between. In a bowl, whisk together the crème fraiche, eggs, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour the mix evenly over the quiche. If the corners of the puff-pastry are sticking out, fold them down over the quiche. Bake for about 45 minutes.

Comments

Popular on this blog: