My favourite chocolate chip cookies


I’m a cookie monster. I often feel like I might die if I don’t get something sweet after dinner. It can be almost anything – but why not cookies!

This is my favourite cookie recipe, I’ve modified it to perfection by baking them embarrasingly often... Maybe next time I'll make them with dark chocolate and a few drops of almond oil!

Spiced chocolate chip cookies

250g soft butter

300 ml dark, sticky Muscovado sugar

100 ml plain sugar 

2 eggs

1 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla sugar

1 tsp baking powder

700 ml wheat flour

250g coarsely chopped Fair Trade chocolate

1 tsp ground cardamom

2 tsp ground cinnamon



Turn the oven to 200-225°C.

Mix the butter and sugar well, then whisk in the eggs. Mix the dry ingridients with the flour, then combine this with the butter mix. Lastly, stir in the chopped chocolate.

Cover a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and spoon tablespoon sized portions of dough on it – leave some space between them as they melt and spread while baking.

Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes. They will be soft when they come out of the oven so let them cool before you move them.

Comments

Popular on this blog: