Easy peasy pickled jalapenos

The cool summer had our balcony crops delayed no matter how much I checked up on the plants, stared at them and poked at them. Since jalapenos are mostly eaten green anyway, I impatiently went ahead and picked about half of the fruit for pickling – ironically, to save for later. The recipe is super easy and now that I've gotten to try the things, I'm sorry I saved any jalapenos for ripening! Ah well, there's always next year...


Pickled jalapenos

green jalapeno peppers
1 part white wine vinegar
1 part water
1/2 tsp (pickling) salt per litre of liquid
1 garlic clove per jar

I won't give any precise measures, since it all is so relative to the size of the jalapenos and the size of the jars. Slice the peppers and pack them tightly into clean and boiled hot jars. Add a crushed garlic clove in each jar. In a pot, combine vinegar and water and heat to a simmer, do not boil. Pour hot liquid over the peppers, leaving about one centimetre head space. Add salt a pinch of salt or two, then seal.

Comments

Popular on this blog: